Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Geylang East Food Centre Yong Tau Foo.

Good food plus good service. Older people who respect younger people always get bonus points from me.


I was attracted to the nice looking food and the likely prospect of fried yong tau foo, which is always my preferred way of eating this favourite dish. I picked up my food and passed it to two aunties who are going to cook it. I specifically mentioned that I will help myself to the chilli later.


After cooking, the auntie made a mistake by adding chilli straight into my bowl. What happened is that they asked me whether I want chilli, and I told them to leave it to one side, intending to put in a separate vessel as shown in the photo. They thought I wanted the chilli inside the food at one side. When I pointed it out, somewhat frustrated given that I have already told them that I will help myself, they apologized sincerely instead of trying to blame me. This is refreshing compared with the usual attitude of old people thinking they are always right, and / or people trying to push blame to me for every sort of miscommunication that happened to them.


I give the food 4/5 among Yong Tau Foo in Singapore and special mention of good service.


Blk 117 Aljunied Ave 2
Geylang East Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment