Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cat eats Hokkien Mee again at Eunos

Cat just had a wonderful breakfast / lunch / brunch at my Hokkien mee stall. It was delicious and totally value for money. Best of all, I took away all the prawns and sotong for that extra eggs and less seafood cholesterol and toxins, in doing so justifying eating more eggs. Besides, it's still early in the morning now.


Cat returned home totally full and realizing that reduced oil in any sort of zichar is always a great idea.


kim hokkien fried prawn noodles mee sotong squid
Remove the prawns and sotong, add more eggs to this...

In the mean time, Cat wants to write a chilli crab policy about eating crabs with Hweecat, because Cat does not really like crabs, esp not peeling them, but Hweecat loves them.

1. In general only one crab will be ordered, I do not eat crabs in general.

2. You may either peel the crab for me, or eat it all up yourself, take it as I am pampering you, but remember do not try to "offer" or "force" me to eat the crab by my own peeling. Exception, the crab roe or eggs, I will definitely help myself.

3. The chilli gravy with mantou or rice is what I am interested in. The main reason for me to eat chilli crab is this.


chilli crab
Chilli crab, perfect with fried mantou.
4. It sounds like I am giving you all the nicest parts which is not worth it for me when the bill comes. It is true, but I am not exactly so noble; the logic is, I take it as modern marketing strategy. I am interested in the sauce and not interested in the crab. I take it as I am paying for the fact that there is now someone to eat the crab for me. You see, previously I never ordered chilli crab cos there is nobody to eat the crab, so it is still worth it for me; this is modern marketing strategy, in the absolute and relative value of things.

5. As crabs are seasonal, please time your crab escapades properly so as to minimize costs. They are after all still rather expensive, whether in season or not.


Comments from Hweecat: Cat brought me to the above-mentioned Hokkien mee place in Eunos for lunch. It's actually the famous Kim's Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee along Jalan Eunos. This version of Hokkien prawn mee is drier and not too bad, though I prefer my Hokkien prawn mee to be a little wetter. Very generous with fried lard.

Anyway, Cat and Hweecat are planning a food excursion to feast on chilli crab. Any recommendations? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment